Vision and Aims
YOUR CHOICE, YOUR SAY, YOUR WAY - CEDA works for disabled adults and children in ways which make sense for them, always keeping the individual at the centre of the service. We will listen, learn and act, to enable each person to be who they want to be, as visible and valuable members of the community.
Values can’t be achieved – they are ongoing actions expressed by us. They are our foundation beliefs and create a culture within CEDA which say how we want our employees to act:
- Person centred ethos – always listening to the user and supporting them to create a life that suits them
- Treating everyone with dignity and respect – regardless of each persons background, disabilities, difficulties and personal preferences
- Empowering people – supporting people to identify, set and achieve personal goals
- A diverse range of experiences and activities – to bring new experiences to people’s lives
- Can do attitude - finding creative solutions in difficult situations
- Friendships – being friendly, approachable and interested
A To increase user’s independence and empowering adults, children and young people to make choices and take control of their own lives
B To increase user’s knowledge and skills to work towards independent living and employability
C To actively promote inclusion and equality for Disabled People
D To develop play, social skills and short breaks for children and young people
We review our aims, objectives and activities each year. This review looks at what we achieved and the outcomes of our work in the previous 12 months. The review looks at the success of each key activity and the benefits they have brought to those groups of people we are set up to help. The review also helps us ensure our aims, objectives and activities remained focused on our stated purposes.
We have referred to the guidance contained in the Charity Commission's general guidance on public benefit when reviewing our aims and objectives and in planning our future activities. In particular, the trustees consider how planned activities will contribute to the aims and objectives they have set.