Behaviour Support Consultations
A programme for a family supporting any child or young person with distressed or unsafe behaviour and Neurodiverse traits in Autism and ADHD. Meetings can be provided through phone or video call. By arrangement we may also be able to offer support face to face.
7 week Consultation programme with parents or carers:
The parents and family will be asked to focus on 1 of the following outcomes to work towards during the 7 sessions.
· Creating a behaviour support plan for the child or young people in the home to reduce distressed and unsafe behaviours.
· To develop parents’ understanding of their child or young person’s diagnosis or traits.
· Provide therapeutic support to parents and family.
· Provide guidance to parent around interactions and relationship building with their child or young person.
If more than 1 outcome needs to be covered, a further 7 sessions may be required.
Attendance to TAF’s, Child In Need and other meetings can be funded at an extra cost, or can be included in the 7 sessions, depending on the family’s needs.
Consultation with child, young person: The number of sessions provided to support a child or young person will be discussed on a case by case basis. Typically a higher number of sessions are needed to allow time to reduce anxieties and develop a trusted working relationship. Whilst the sessions can be fluid and adjusted to the child or young person’s needs, one of the following outcomes will be chosen by them to be worked towards during the sessions. If a child or young person is unable to choose they can ask a parent to do so.
· Support with understanding emotions and how to cope with them
· Support with understanding social & family situations
· Support with understanding their diagnosis Attendance to TAF’s, Child In Need and other meetings can be funded at an extra cost, or can be included in the sessions, depending on the family’s needs.
On Going Family Support Services: This is where there are several outcomes to be covered or longer term pieces of work required with no pre-defined time scales. They can include family therapeutic support involving the attendance of parents, carers alongside the child, young person and their siblings. Meetings can be weekly or monthly.